Office based businesses and those that are based on providing advice and specialist services, will need to consider having the following insurance cover:
- An Office Policy – to cover your office and its contents from risks such as fire, flooding, storm damage and theft
- Professional Indemnity and Medical Malpractice – to indemnify you against breach of professional duty. Typically, professions requiring this type of cover include architects, engineers, accountants, medical professionals and opthalmic surgeons
- Public Liability – to cover you for amounts which you may become legally liable to pay for damages arising out of bodily injury to a member of the public
- Employers Liability – to cover you for amounts which you may become legally liable to pay for damages arising out of bodily injury to an employee
- Directors and Senior Officers may need additional liability cover to protect against losses arising from wrongful acts committed in the capacity of a Director or Officer of the company. A ‘wrongful act’ includes but is not limited to breach of duty, breach of trust, neglect, error, omission, libel, slander, breach of warranty or wrongful trading.
To discuss insurance requirements for your business and receive a quote, contact: