With our winter weather not as severe as it could be in the south east and the countdown starting to Spring, it’s easy to be a little too complacent on the roads. Winter is not over yet, so make sure your car is prepared for any remaining bad weather ahead.
- check for wear and tear on wiper blades and replace them as soon as they start to smear rather than clean windows
- keep tyre pressure at the manufacturer’s recommended level and check you have at least 3 millimetres of tread depth
- check that your spare wheel is in good condition and is fully inflated. Some cars may have an inflation repair kit instead of a spare wheel. Make sure that you know how to use it.
- make sure all vehicle lights are working and clean
- top up with anti-freeze and screen wash
- If your car is due for a service – don’t put it off